This post will be dedicated to the gifts I received this year. I don't usually receive gifts on my birthday. My previous birthdays gifts were usually from Carl and Dianne only. I do get gifts from my other friends as well but it's Carl and Dianne who religiously give me birthday gifts. It's not that I'm complaining. Being greeted on my birthday is more than enough for me. And believe me, I get lots of greetings during my birthday! Part of the reason why I get lots of birthday greetings is because I remind people through text messages and emails that it's my birthday. Hehehe.
But I am still very glad when I receive gifts. I feel very lucky. Not everyone gets gifts on their birthdays. And it feels nice to have someone take enough effort to buy something for you, no matter the price.
So, here are some of the gifts I received this year.
This short skirt is from Carl. I am still trying to have enough courage to wear this very short skirt outside of our house .... maybe next summer.
The shades was from Dianne. And about time too since my shades broke recently. Or was it that my shades broke recently that Dianne gave me new shades?! Hmmm ....
The bag was from my mother. I was pleasantly surprised to receive a gift from my mother. Since I started working, she doesn't give me gifts anymore ... huhuhu. I used to receive money from her during my birthday so that I can treat my friends.
The Star Wars thingy was from Carl too. Although to be honest I don't know what to do with it. Marlon, Carl's hubby, explained to me what it was for but I can't imagine myself putting it in my phone since I figured it would just make my phone harder to use. Oh well .. thanks for the gift anyway!
What really surprised me were the gifts from my AIU-RP friends. Although I have also received gifts from officemates before, this is the first time that I received gifts from so many friends from work. Thank you, thank you guys!!!
The body butter lotions were from Ri. I am using one of them now and they smell absolutely delicious! If I had a boyfriend right now I am sure he'll love the taste of the lotion on my skin .... hahaha. I haven't tried tasting myself while wearing the lotion but I might give in to the temptation one of these days ...
The Ralph perfume was from Jen, Tid, Hazel, Jet, Fred and Stan. I don't think that I told any of these guys that this perfume is one of my faves but they certainly got it right!
I got more gifts but no pictures of these gifts. One gift was from Abi, it's something to wear when I have someone to show it too na. Another gift was from Renee, a Zen Zest lotion spray.
You know, in retrospect, I am really blessed. I have a very loving family and very thoughtful friends. I believe that people should always think of these little happiness in their lives and count them as blessings. Not everyone is granted another year with good health, a good job, family and friends. God is really very nice to me. Thank you Lord for all these blessings.
Sensya na sa drama. I was chatting with a friend earlier and we were talking about my papa. I was also reading a novel earlier and one of the lines struck me as so true. But sometimes the pain is as fresh as if it were yesterday. And that got me thinking also that we really should treasure the time we have now and the people we are with. Because life is really too short.
2 comments:
wow dami mo namang gifts! laki na ng tanda mo sakin! hihihi. just for future references pala, ano ang shoe size mo? (get your Nine West size kasi fixed yan forever kahit saan sa mundo)
Wow naman, are you planning to give me Nine West shoes?! Hehehe.
I am usually a size six with regards to shoe size. Although I am not sure what my Nine West size since I don't go to that shop, too pricey for me. But for you Tid, I'll make it a point to know my Nine West size. So, you know, you can start looking for the Nine West shoes to buy for me! :D
Post a Comment